Information

Club History

Hurstpierpoint FC was formed in 1886 and originally played on a pitch near ‘Danny House’, an Elizabethan mansion with extensive grounds. We now play at the Fairfield Recreation Ground (which has been the club’s home for more than 50 years).

The club played  in The Mid Sussex League for the majority of its early years but became a founder member of The Sussex County League Division Three.

Our highest placed  finish in the English football pyramid is 2nd in SCFL Division Three (2010/11).

Although over recent years we have consistently finished  around the mid-way point in the league, there have been highlights in cup competitions.

Runners Up in the SCFL Division 3 Cup in 2013 was succeeded by winning The Sussex County Intermediate Cup the following year beating Cowfold in the final.

In 2014  the club merged with Burgess Hill Albion, after overextending ourselves and entering 5 adult sides and a youth team, the club struggled.

A few hard years on and off the pitch meant the clubs decided to go back to their roots leaving us to regroup and re-form the old Hurstpierpoint FC.

With a hard working committee and some generous donations from our fantastic sponsors we are now back on our feet for the 16/17 season.

Duds
Manager
Dudley Christensen

Webbo

Coach
Andrew Webster

Ed Hurst

Assistant Coach/Club Captain
Ed Bartram

Secratery
Alexander Oecken

Fixtures Secratery
Adam Smith

Previous Honours

Sussex County League Division 3
Runners Up 2010/11
Vernon Wentworth Cup:
Winners 2010/11
Sussex County League Division 3 Cup
Runners up 2012/13
Sussex County Intermediate Challenge Cup
Winners 2013/14
Edgar German Cup
Runners up 2016/2017

Edgar German Cup

Winners 2017/2018

Our training takes place at Burgess Hill Academy (see address below on Google Maps) on Tuesday evenings from 19:00 until 21:00.

Advertisements